Paint.net nowhere to be found

I give up.

I've been trying to install a plugin called 'Circular text'. I tried following the 'HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS' thread. First with the free version, then with the paid version. The problem is I can't find 'Paint.net' on my pc. I've also tried tried to create the maps I'm supposed to in 'Documents'. I tried inserting the dll file in my newly created 'Effects' map and also the 'File Types' as one forum thread recommended.

The 'read me' file attached to the plugin tells me to download 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dll' and 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dlc files'. I found the files on Dropbox and have them now. They're old though, from 2015 I think. I don't know what to do with the, since I can't find my 'Paint.net' folder.

Hope this is the right place to post this cry of anguish. Any help would be much appreciated.

@Fashy Weaver, posting the exact same content in two places is frowned upon. I've deleted your other post.

24 minutes ago, Fashy Weaver said:

... my newly created ... 'File Types' ...

No, it should be FileTypes. No spaces.

24 minutes ago, Fashy Weaver said:

... tells me to download 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dll' and 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dlc files ... I don't know what to do with them ...

Place them in your Effects folder; just like the other plugin files.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Paint.net nowhere to be found