Problem with Plugin installation

Pit

Hi paint.net Community,

i have a Problem to install a Plugin. Any todos i can find, shows a Programm Path like " c:\Program Files\Paint.Net\..." and for Filetypes the Subfolder "FileTypes".

I want to use RAW-Files in Paint.Net and have it install as Admin with Admin Privileges (to use for all Users).

The Install-Path is ""C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\dotPDNLLC.paint.net_4.205.7213.0_x64__h55e3w7q8jbva" and tere is a Subfolder""C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\dotPDNLLC.paint.net_4.205.7213.0_x64__h55e3w7q8jbva\Bundled" with "DDSFileTypePlus" and WebPFileType.

I do this as Admin but i cant create a new Subfolder there.

I have test with Powershell as Admin, Explorer as Admin, but all times it comes "access denied" and i cant create the Subfolder.

Change the Folder from Owner "system" to "Administrator" do not help.

The System is Windows 10 Pro 64 (10.0.18362 Build 18362) on a Dell core I7 with 16 RAM, 512 SSD.

I have Pant.Net paid at the Microsoft Homepage and I want to use the Plugin "RAW FileType (2018-06-14)".

Please help me to use RAW (Olympus ORF-Files).

Thank you in advance and best regards

Pit

@HyReZ

Thank you, but that's not my problem. The Windows RAW, HEIC etc. plugins all work. In Paint.Net I get but no plugins loaded. The installation as an app is new territory for me. The installation is also totally hidden and not in the programs.

The link that toe_head2001 provided explains where and how to create folders and sub-folders to place the effects, filetypes, and shapes plugins into.
Read the second yellow highlighted not from his link about creating folders for effects and filetypes for the store version of Paint.NET
If you are novice to Windows and you do not know how to create folders here is a tutorial link:

Edited by HyReZ
to add more nfo and clarification

1 hour ago, Pit said:

@toe_head2001
Thank you, under Windows itself, I have already installed the appropriate codecs. In Paint.Net I can not open RAW files and I do not get any plugins installed for this. Paint.Net was installed as an app, not a program.

All apps are programs.

Computer Program
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A computer program is a collection of instructions that performs a specific task when executed by a computer. Most computer devices require programs to function properly."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_program

On 10/17/2019 at 7:41 PM, HyReZ said:

All apps are programs.

There is a distinction between the standard free 'program' as he put it and the Windows Store 'app'. The issue here is about correctly installing plugins when using the Windows Store version. It is clear he is using the Windows Store 'app' version by the WindowsApps folder in the install path he gave.

@Pit

The link that @toe_head2001 provided gives the correct instructions but it doesn't sound like you correctly solved the problem. Trying to install to the Program Files or WindowsApps locations when using the Windows Store version will not work and you won't see any plugins you attempt to install. You need to create folders in your My Documents as the link states and place your plugins there to correctly use plugins with the Windows Store version.

Now that Pit as seen the information for installing the plugins for Paint.NET by 3 sources they can now do it.

1 hour ago, SodiumEnglish said:

It is clear he is using the Windows Store 'app' version by the WindowsApps folder in the install path he gave.

It was clear to me also when I agreed with toe_head2001 and referred Pit to go back to the link and its second yellow highlight note on how to create the  /paint.net App folder and its sub-folders in the My Documents folder.
I also include a video link on how to create and place a folder in Windows just in case PIt was a novice to this procedure. Now we can all wait and see if any of this advice helped!?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, I lift the three directories created and saved the plugin under "C: \ Users \ peter \ Documents \ paint.net App Files \ FileTypes". Works flawlessly. Now I am still looking for something nice dramatic effects and to insert watermarks. I am excited, thank you!