NEW Feature request!

kingzee

I checked the popular feature requests and I'm surprised no one has thought of this, I'm sure it would make the life of a million users a LOT easier, multiple layer selection!

Here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve :

aL57O7P.png

Basically, being able to select from 2 layers at the same time, and move / rotate / shrink / crop / etc... both of them at the same time, while still keeping each content in its respective layer.

From the Popular Request Thread:

Ability to re-edit text, or "text layers", or some variation thereof -- This an enormous work item due to other plumbing that must be in place to enable it. This falls into the "yes I agree, and hopefully we'll have it someday." No solid ETA, and definitely a 4.0 or post-4.5 feature. This is getting closer to reality, so hang in there.

Layer "folders", or the ability to organize layers in a hierarchy -- I want this too, and it depends on some major plumbing work being done. This would be a 4.x feature. No ETA.

I also believe there have been similar requests.  @Rick Brewster will be able to answer better than I, but basically, it is not top priority right now as the developer and contributing programmers are focused on ironing out kinks with each release of PDN.

17 hours ago, dipstick said:

The feature you're requesting is called Layer Groups. I don't believe PDN supports layer groups. I also doubt a million people want this feature. If it's important to you, then try Gimp, as it has layer groups. https://www.lifewire.com/introduction-to-layer-groups-in-gimp-1701685

I think OP was about "selection" of layers. This is a transient operation. 

I actually needed something like this today.

Initially, this could be limited only to moving the whole layer only (not pixel selections within the selected layers).

This doesn't mean I think it's easy to code, but the clarification of the problem and requirements for implementation might reveal an easier implementation path.