Magic Tool Not Working & Security Check Failure

Novemberstorms

Okay. So, I am using the magic tool to select certain areas of my drawing to colour in so I don't fill in outside the lines. It was working perfectly before then I turned off my computer to go for a walk and take a break. When I came back on and opened up my drawing, the magic tool just... stopped working. Or wasn't doing the thing it was doing earlier. Now it is waaaaay to grainy and well, see for yourself:

Magic Wand

2019-05-29.png

I converted it into a PNG, posted it to imgur then copy and pasted it back into paint and NOW it works... but resolving that issues required jumping through quite a lot of hoops. There has to be an easier fix then that should it occur again? 

Also:

I tried to create an account and got to the security checks then this happened.

5 Hours???

2019-05-29.png

I tried '5', 'Five', 'five hours', '5 hours', 'five'.

Literally nothing works. Excuse you?

Edited by Novemberstorms

Looking at the image problem it seems to me that maybe the Tolerance setting had been adjusted at some point. Could you have adjusted it for your original session and forgotten to apply the same setting when you re-opened the image?

If you closed PDN and then reopened it for the second session all the default tool settings would have returned.

No idea about the security check matter: I would have gone with "five" as the question asks how many hours ie. "hours" should not be included in the answer. The question is apparently in lower case and does not use numbers so using "five" seems logical.

But these sort of catchpa questions are often flawed - they often say type what you see and there will be two number sets but if you do as instructed it gets rejected. They want a single set of numbers. It is probably something stupid like that or maybe you need to refresh the page inbetween attempts rather than just deleting and replacing the answer.  

IHaveNoName.png

On 5/29/2019 at 5:03 PM, IHaveNoName said:

Looking at the image problem it seems to me that maybe the Tolerance setting had been adjusted at some point. Could you have adjusted it for your original session and forgotten to apply the same setting when you re-opened the image?

If you closed PDN and then reopened it for the second session all the default tool settings would have returned.

No idea about the security check matter: I would have gone with "five" as the question asks how many hours ie. "hours" should not be included in the answer. The question is apparently in lower case and does not use numbers so using "five" seems logical.

But these sort of catchpa questions are often flawed - they often say type what you see and there will be two number sets but if you do as instructed it gets rejected. They want a single set of numbers. It is probably something stupid like that or maybe you need to refresh the page inbetween attempts rather than just deleting and replacing the answer.  

No, no matter what I adjusted the tolerance to, the problem persisted.

Hello @Novemberstorms and Welcome to the forum :)

I too can't answer your questions about the magic wand and the security, but I do have a suggestion for a way for you to use the magic wand when you are wanting to paint.

1.  Use the wand in Global mode to select the dog, invert the selection.

2.  Make a new layer and begin to paint.  It won't go out of the lines.

3.  When done flatten.

face.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.