Outline object with sharp corners...is it possible?

nabsltd

Both the very good "Outline Object" plugins (BoltBait's and pyrochild's) round the corners on the outline.  In most cases, this isn't a big deal, but sometimes I want the sharp corners.

In the uploaded image, the left star has BoltBait's Outline Object (v4.2) applied twice with default settings, while the right star is created using the built-in star shape three times, each one slightly larger than the last.  Notice how sharp the corners are compared to the outlined version?

The issue, of course, is with arbitrary shapes.  Outline Object is the only easy way to get an outline around the edges, but on some outlines, I really want the same sharp corner look as on the right-hand star. I've also tried duplicating the shape on a new layer in the color I want and using "1px Expansion" repeatedly, but that also gives me rounding after about the 3rd application.

Is there any add-on or technique I can use to get the result I want?

Outline Object.png

4 hours ago, welshblue said:

One way I do it is to use Layers >>> Rotate/ Zoom as a workaround

Unfortunately, this doesn't work at all when the image is in any way complicated, like with holes.  In that case, the "zoom" just makes the hole bigger, when outlining makes it smaller.

Make the image exactly twice the size you want it. Outline the corners then resize it. This should have the effect of sharpening the points.

2 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Make the image exactly twice the size you want it. Outline the corners then resize it. This should have the effect of sharpening the points.

This does help a little, but in order to make the outline the right thickness after sizing back down, the thickness needs to be doubled, which leads to much rounder corners to start with.