scale

DaveMa

I create a canvas of 8.5” x 14” (legal size) I draw a horizontal line at the 1” mark as by the ruler on the left. I then draw a horizontal line at the 11” mark as by the ruler on the left. Draw a vertical line at 1” as by the ruler at the top, draw a vertical line at 3” as by the ruler at the top.

I have install the print plugin. I go to “effects” then click on “print” Dialog box pops up click on “page setup” another dialog box appears setting are correct “paper size” Legal

Click on “print” my canon MX350 print option dialog box appears. Check all print options. All appear correct. Paper is “legal”, orientation is “portrait”, print quality “standard”, page layout “Normal size”.

Print out the drawing measure with ruler not even close. Out by 1 ½” on horizontal lines ¾” on the vertical lines.

The screen resolution is different from your print density. Change the print resolution (DPI) to 96. I'm guessing that is the resolution of your monitor. Alternatively, redraw the image on a canvas 8.5*300=2550 by 14*300=4200 pixels and print it at a resolution of 300dpi.