Gradient/Fire Tutorial Help

I am trying to replicate an awesome effect I saw on a photoshop tutorial, but I have been unsuccessful at even the first step. Making random gradients. >_> When I use gradients with Paint.NET, it only lets me make one gradient, and it affects the entire layer...

This is the tutorial of which I speak- http://1252429.deviantart.com/art/fire-orb-tutorial-38952004

TrumpetPlayerSigbar.png

DontBiteTheNewbiesSigbar.png

Christiansigbar.png

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin, The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes

For the gradient problem, use a gradient with both primary and secondary colors the same, but for the secondary color, make it transparent by clicking "More>>" on the Colors Window, then setting the alpha to 0.

To help on the tut, i suggest downloading Polar Transformation plugin by Madjik (its a link to his awesome plugin pack)

Also, take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4158

It may help on replicating the twirl filter on Photoshop.

I hope it helped! :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

=D That tutorial by Europe got me the exact effect I needed. But what was the Polar Transformation plugin and the primary/secondary colors tip about? I didn't understand either of them. >_> /n00b

TrumpetPlayerSigbar.png

DontBiteTheNewbiesSigbar.png

Christiansigbar.png

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin, The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes