Saving JPEG Issues

Hello all, having some issues trying to save a JPEG file for a client. Can save the project file but cannot save the jpeg. Image size is 28800x28800 (96 inches x 96 inches) at 300 DPI. Attached is the error output.

My system specs (Not sure what all you need): AMD FX6300 Processor, 32 GB RAM, AMD 390 8GB Graphics card, Windows 7 x64, .NetFramework 4.6.1, Paint.net 4.0.9, anything else you need to know?

Thanks!

System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at PaintDotNet.Data.JpegFileType.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\JpegFileType.cs:line 72 at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 293 at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass244_0.<DoSave>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 3005 at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

error.txt

Edited by BoltBait
I attached the text directly in your message.

I think GDI+ / WIC just can't handle images that size

Well, that's really annoying

Just last week I tried saving an image that was 65,535 x 65,535 and it didn't work, but wasn't expecting it to fail on images much smaller. Hrumph.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

In that case, why don't you try flattening all the layers of that image, then CTRL+C to copy then CTRL+V to Paste it on MS Paint and then save it as .jpg from there? With that size, I suspect even MS Paint would lag a lot.