Noobie Question How Do I Make A Picture Like Imac IconDock??

Ok first of all I have just started using paint.net and I would recommend it to anyone THANKS TO ALL!!

But as a learner I would like to know how to make pics like this>>>

ImacIcondock.png

I would like to learn as I make themes for my mobile with sony ericsson theme creator

P.S!.. Sorry if I am asking a question that has already been asked and answered I have not found it yet if I have just show me the way please

thanks for your time!!!

FORDFPVANIM.gif

If you help one person you help many many more!!

Are you specifically talking about the icons or the dock?

I guess the dock

I would like to master getting a picture to sit on or above a platform and have reflections like the icons do on the dock and if possible have the dock a little transparent.. but 1 step at a time I think?

Thanks for your help! :)icon1_selected.png

FORDFPVANIM.gif

Have I said Something wrong???

Not as far as I can tell. :wink:

I would say to make your shape in solid white, then use the gradient tool set to :AlphaChannel: to make the thing partially transparent. I would then duplicate the layer, and erase what wouldn't be a part of the reflection.

For the reflections of the icons, simply duplicate the icon's layer, flip that layer upside down, move it so that it's touching the bottom of the original icon with its corresponding parts, and use the gradient tool again set on :AlphaChannel: mode, to make the reflection partially transparent.

Hope this helps. :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

no but I not sure what you mean. Do you want to make the dock with other images reflectioning onto the dock all as one image ? or do you want to make a real dock that works on your computer or something ?

Doing it as an image is not a problem you just make the platform at a new layer and then put your icon images on top of the platform in the 2nd layer. Then go to Effects and pick reflect.

But if your trying to make a real dock then that not a Paint.NET thing but a coding thing. Sure you can do the images in Paint.NET but you still need to know how to make it all work.

EDIT: ZizOiz got his post out before me :roll:.

Have I said Something wrong???

Not as far as I can tell. :wink:

no but I not sure what you mean. Do you want to make the dock with other images reflectioning onto the dock all as one image ? or do you want to make a real dock that works on your computer or something ?

Doing it as an image is not a problem you just make the platform at a new layer and then put your icon images on top of the platform in the 2nd layer. Then go to Effects and pick reflect.

But if your trying to make a real dock then that not a Paint.NET thing but a coding thing. Sure you can do the images in Paint.NET but you still need to know how to make it all work.

EDIT: ZizOiz got his post out before me :roll:.

Like this? It took about two minutes to make:

th_DOCKY.png

I would say to make your shape in solid white, then use the gradient tool set to :AlphaChannel: to make the thing partially transparent. I would then duplicate the layer, and erase what wouldn't be a part of the reflection.

For the reflections of the icons, simply duplicate the icon's layer, flip that layer upside down, move it so that it's touching the bottom of the original icon with its corresponding parts, and use the gradient tool again set on :AlphaChannel: mode, to make the reflection partially transparent.

Hope this helps. :D

Ok thanks so very much peoples Will give it a try and let you know how it turns out

I'm still learning with paint.net and never done anything like this before and you all make it look so easy :oops: :)

FORDFPVANIM.gif

Like this? It took about two minutes to make:

th_DOCKY.png

I am still Trying to get exactly what you have done is there a step by step tutorial??.. I'm having trouble with the base part?? thank you

trouble.png

the way you have the colors is amazing! and it looks like it shines!!

FORDFPVANIM.gif