pttq: a new idea...

Idea: a program that will download paint.net extensions automatically

Solution: pttq.org. I wrote up this program that provides a "solution" to that idea. It downloads paint.net extensions you don't have and if there's a new version, it downloads it for you

What I need: Since I actually don't host the dll's, what I need is paint.net extension authors to PM with a request to be a part of this. You will be given a username and password and then you will be allowed to post your extensions to this database and help develop this network.

Let's help get this idea off the ground!

I had assumed it would download them individually.

I think ASH was on the same page to and was taking about ttttim having to get approval for uploading the plugins to his site so that his program would have a database for the plugin downloads. If he can't get approval from all plugin makers that means his program will not be able to download and install every plugin out there for PDN. Which means we get people new to the program who don't know of some plugins that could help them.

What happens is a plug in developer who is known well here on the forums can PM me and I'll send them a user and pass for a control panel. In the control panel they can add as many of their plugins as they want.

Did you submit any plugins yet? You'll see once you do, the program displays a list of the plugins that you don't have or are updated. You can then check off the ones you want to install, and click download.

Several Questions:

• [*:1zsdj6dx]Is the application a .NET program? If so, why not automatically ask to run as administrator.
    [*:1zsdj6dx]This may seem obvious, but can I verify that the site has protection against SQL and URI Injection?
    [*:1zsdj6dx]Why not include the developer information on the website rather than forcing the user to run the application through the command line?
    [*:1zsdj6dx]Do you plan to list plugins on the website as well with a comment system included?

Just my 20 pence.

KaHuc.png

-Yes it is. Sorry, I'm new with vb.net and do not know how to do that. If you know how, that information would help.

-The site is protected against injection.

-Didn't want to place the email on the website. I may once the project gets more developed

-Sure, once people start submitting some.

-Yes it is. Sorry, I'm new with vb.net and do not know how to do that. If you know how, that information would help.

Try This: http://community.bartdesmet.net/blogs/b ... t.exe.aspx

-Didn't want to place the email on the website. I may once the project gets more developed

If you are worried about spam, many webmarsters replace @ with [at] and ask the user to change this. Alternatively you could setup a free email address and use that just for this website.

KaHuc.png

I had assumed it would download them individually.

I think ASH was on the same page to and was taking about ttttim having to get approval for uploading the plugins to his site so that his program would have a database for the plugin downloads. If he can't get approval from all plugin makers that means his program will not be able to download and install every plugin out there for PDN. Which means we get people new to the program who don't know of some plugins that could help them.

Yes, thank you!

This is a good idea, I would like a system for easy plugin download and update as well, but like all the "plugin pack(every single one)" idea from before.

It won't work. Read my post above.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]