How to hook Plugin names into custom Application

So, as the title suggests, im a self proclaimed VB.net 'Hacker' ( please do not think of me as the 'illegal' 'live in my basement' type of person, go to wikipedia and search hacker... )

Ive noticed that one thing i hate is organising my plugins, because the names arent all too helpful, so im going to make a PaintDOTNet Plugin Manager, i have all the coding done, i just need to know how PDN's plugin casing gets the 'Plugin name' from the .dll file.

Its most probably a couple of namespace definitions and some lines of code!

Any advice would be great, as i work with stand alones due to my Part-Time work.

Thanks! and im glad to be part of an awesome project!

This is where Paint.NET parses the plugin for the name, submenu, and icon:

namespace EffectsPluginTemplate1
{
   public class EffectPlugin
       : PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect
   {
       public static string StaticName
       {
           get
           {
               return "Effect Plugin";
           }
       }

public static Bitmap StaticIcon
       {
           get
           {
               return new Bitmap(typeof(EffectPlugin), "EffectPluginIcon.png");
           }
       }

public static string StaticSubMenuName
       {
           get
           {
               return null; // Use for no submenu
               // return "My SubMenu"; // Use for custom submenu
           }
       }

signature.png

So i suppose the same architecture would work for all set variables?

Anyhow, thats a great help, and now i can add it to my 'Paint DOT Net Manager' program, as to work upon the features to come.

on looking at that again, that looks like C#? either way its pretty close to VB.net

Im actually amazed at how two .net languages can be so different, as i would think that VB.net is easier due to the fact its like a version of Pseudo Code [citation needed] and C# is like a mix of Java and Pseudo Code ( or atleast thats what i think :P )

Thanks Mike, i hope to bring out more and more software tools for P.Net!

Ill have a look at ScriptLab, must be interesting because ive seen a lot of people talk about it.

I understand the C# fine, ive coded in that a little bit too [ http://redvex.d2help.com/ ], i worked on the C# Version of RedVex, which is a Packet SNiffer/Sender/Spoofer for the game Diablo II, used to make follow bots, auto TP's, Map Hacks etc etc, but i didnt do that much, mainly offering VB.net solutions, converted to C# :D

I work with Visual Studio 2008 Professional, so it usually can convert the code or offer alternatives for me :) cheap i know :D

So i will have to get working on that, ill probably just add an about box, modify what it displays upon loading by using Public variables, and ill be set!

I guess your the man to PM about code then :)