Plugin request: extrude

After making lots, and I mean lots of 3d images in pdn I started getting annoyed with the lengthy way I had to stretch or extrude my image to make it 3d and I started thinking about making a plugin. Unfortunately I shortly figured out that I am horrible at coding... anything. So I come to you with my humble plea for this tool to make life easier for all those who wish to journey into a third dimension of art.

Basically the task would be to take an object on a blank canvas and use this plugin to stretch or extrude that object in whatever way desired by duplicating it and moving it up, down, over, etc one pixels length then repeating this step as many times as needed thus creating a 3d effect.

The UI could have something similar to the "align object" plugin (or maybe an angle orb for more control) so the user can choose the direction of the extrude and then a slider to determine the length of the extrude. Theres probably other options that would be useful to this effect but i can't think of any right now.

So it seems like this wouldn't be that hard of a thing to code but then again what do i know :oops: . The only thing I ask is that someone who has a bit of experience with making plugins try this and not someone who just started for obvious reasons.

So can anyone make this plugin? Thanks for reading :D

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

I just found out that pyrochild's outline object plugin can produce this effect but since barkbark00 made a great suggestion for a light source option I will keep this request open for debate instead of asking for it be closed :D

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^