Photochopping help

Hi. I am new to this whole Paint.NET thing. Tried it out cause I can't afford Photoshop.

I am a photochopper in the making and I am having problems with Paint.net. Unlike most other photo editing softwares, you don't have a polygonal selection tool. This is were the trouble comes in. It is almost impossible to transfer body kits or paint a car with the majic wand or the lasso tool. (for me at least)

Has anyone created a polygon selection tool for Paint.NET?

If not, can someone please help me paint a car and transfer items using Paint.NET?

Thanks all in advance!

PS- a brit site eh. pretty cool minus the odd time. its only 7:50 here on the east coast of the US of A.

Sorry, no Polygon Selecting as of now. It is recognized under the Popular Feature Requests, but there is no ETA.

Could you possibly give us some more information so that we can help you work around this?

---

And no, this is not a British site. I'm not sure what's wrong with the time, but the lead developer lives in Washington.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

oh. Well yeah. So i searched the site again and saw DeathBlazes tut on painting a car. Its helpful, but is there any other way to paint a car?

I am still having troubles taking say a rear bumper from a Holden Commodore and putting it on the new Holden commodore. ( i like it more rounded) I always end up with "overflow" like I don't have a steady hand so when i try to trace it & select it, i get more than I wanted, and the majic wand selects even more unwanted picture area.

Its hard for me to explain. I ain't good with this whole bloggin thing yet.

Do you know what I mean?

PS- I hope someone develops a polygon selection tool for this program soon. It would be the best program around if it did.

You might also try playing around with the "color replace" and/or "Soften Edges" (using "edge only" and then using the outline as a template), both found HERE. I'd be interested to know if that helps. You could also post the picture and what you are trying to do... often people here will do it for you and show you how they accomplished it.

Total hack.

Just a note it's called photoshopping

Photochopping is a widely accepted alternate name.

EDIT: Also, no plugins can be created to do this. Plugins can only do effects, adjustments, and filetypes.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Just a note it's called photoshopping

Photochopping is a widely accepted alternate name.

EDIT: Also, no plugins can be created to do this. Plugins can only do effects, adjustments, and filetypes.

True, BUT, you can use a plugin to delete everything but the thing that you are trying to "select", giving the desired result, which is a specifit portion of the original image "cut out" from the original.

Total hack.

• 2 months later...

I would add my wish to a selection by polygon

As architect, I am working mostly with parallelogramm, and all selection tools are uneffective to eliminate, color, move simple geometric shapes

I like very much the spirit of paint net, but mainly upgrade to see if that tool is created

Marc

Read. The. Rules.

It's an orange box on the top of the screen. There's a link there to the Popular Feature Requests thread. Read it. Enlightenment is only two clicks away. :-)

Also, I realize that it hasn't quite been two months, but it is an old thread, and the question has been answered. Locked

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.