having trouble getting started.

Ok, so I'm a very green newbie, so be nice. I've installed Paint with the new beta, but it is running really slow. I'm using it for digital scrapbooking and I can't figure out how to move the pictures around. They will move, but it takes forever and I don't get to see where it goes till it gets there. And the selected area is the whole page. How do I get it to just select the picture. I've spent hours on the search site trying to figure it out myself, no luck. I have photoshop7.0 and it works fine, so I know the computer should support paint.

hmmmm, I'm not clear of your question. But i think your leading toward this.

Everytime you copy a new image into PDN it should be on a seperate, transparent layer :AddNewLayer:, This should solve at least one of the problems you are having, just simply click the new layer button :AddNewLayer: , before adding another image, this will also save you a lot of time if/when you edit the image.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

That's not really possible. How much RAM do you have?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

What memory problems are you having? There are some files that are just too big for Paint.NET with your RAM in its current configuration. Read the sticky'd post in the Troubleshooting section for more information about that.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.