Need help in uploading a header to wordpress

calagran

Hi All,

I hope someone out there can help a total "Newbie" :lol:

I managed after about 4 yes I did say 4 hours to produce a header for my blog (well it was my first attempt !)

I now need to get the header file to my theme edit header page within Wordpress. My question is how do I convert the header file as it is now, and turn it into a PHP file ? or can someone tell me if in fact I need to do it another way.

Many thanks for your time ,

Paul.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I am pretty sure you can upload a Paint.net file to wordpress because I managed to get my hands on a small tutorial video where the guy did exactly this, unfortunatly he missed out the part that I'm struggling with :?...

Thanks,

Paul

I strongly doubt you can upload a pdn file to wordpress. Save it as a PNG and then upload.

And to upload a custom image to wordpress go to the control panel -> Presentation -> Custom Image Header -> Browse, find the image. Then click upload. The problem may also be that only some styles allow custom headers.

KaHuc.png

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for that. I have saved the file as "PNG"

Do I now upload the file to the themes "images file" in my ftp programme where all the other header images are to be seen ?

The theme I'm using is "Cutline 1.2" and I know that you can change the header design on this particular theme.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,

I went to theme presentation but I don't have a custom theme header option.

I have, themes, widgets, theme editor and cutline options. ?

A thought,

Could I turn the file into code and cut and paste it directly into the header edit box ?

I have just posed another question that I would need another answer to, i.e how do I turn the file into code ?

Thanks.

I've commented out the other header options and loaded the code you gave me but when I refreshed the page the new header didn't appear, when I say it didn't appear it was there but as a corrupt image. Do I need to name the new file in any particular way ?

I've commented out the other header options and loaded the code you gave me but when I refreshed the page the new header didn't appear, when I say it didn't appear it was there but as a corrupt image. Do I need to name the new file in any particular way ?

It needs to be the full url of the image. Look at the image in your web browser, right click on it and select something like "Copy Image Location" (not "Copy Image") and then paste that into where I said to insert the url.

KaHuc.png

please excuse my "newness" :oops: but how do I view the image in my web browser ? When I click on the image it opens up in paint.net.

please excuse my "newness" :oops: but how do I view the image in my web browser ? When I click on the image it opens up in paint.net.

When you have uploaded it look at it on the website.

KaHuc.png

Yes sorry about that, I managed cut and paste the code into the header editor after getting the proper url, but it still won't load properly. The other headers were jpgs should I change the header to that rather than a png, could it cause a conflict ?

Yes sorry about that, I managed cut and paste the code into the header editor after getting the proper url, but it still won't load properly. The other headers were jpgs should I change the header to that rather than a png, could it cause a conflict ?

It won't conflict - but less quality - it should make no difference.

Tell me the image url so that I can see if there is a mistake there.

KaHuc.png