is it possible to do thi photoshop tut in PDN?

im tring to make a symbol for my game clan, but i need some help. the link i post at the bottom has instructions for making the sybol background transparent. however the tut is for photoshop. i, obviously, use paint.net. i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way to do the same with paint.net. if there is any chance you could explain it, in the simplest way u could. im going to try and work my way through it, but not sure if i understand it. thanks for any of your help :)

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/foru ... pic=152724

bendersig.png

i read through that, but it wont work. when i cut the background out, the game fills it black. if you read the tut in the link i provided it shows you need to edit the alpha channel. then save it as a tga file, then rename to a bmp. then the background wont show in game. so i think i basiclly need a way to edit the alpha channel of pic. what im tring to make is something that looks like a "kick me" sign. it will end up showing on the capes of the characters in my clan. if i can edit the alpha, it will have no background so it will look more like just a piece of paper instead of a pic. i could also use some help designing that part of it. the final pic needs to be sized down to a 32x32 image. when i start making one, then size t down, you cant read the text. it blurs it to much. any ideas on that part?

i used this pic, http://www.hamletcroft.co.uk/FunnyBall.jpg , and cut out the sign, then sized it down, but txt is very bad. if i could make the image, i can find someone who can change the alpha for me, if i cant do it in PDN. thanks for any help/suggestions!!

bendersig.png