(for mod's) question regarding plug-ins

maueey

what if i dont have the programfiles/effects on my programs i only have the paint.netuserfiles how do i save it then...??thanks for the response in advance

i followed the said instruction in the how to install plug-ins but when itry to save it i cant find the paint.net/effects folder..i only have the paint.netuserfiles folder.

34ds8p2.jpg

2d27yna.gif

Hello, maueey. If you used the standard installation, your effects folder will be located at C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects. If you installed it in a different place and can't remember where, a search should reveal its location. If none of this works, I'm sorry, I cannot help you, other than advise you to reinstall.

Good luck.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

The "Paint.NET User Files" folder is in your "My Documents" area on your computer.

To get to Program Files, you have to go up a few levels to "My Computer" ("Computer" if you're using Vista), then into "Local Disk (C:)" (the default install drive), then into "Program Files", and into the folder "Paint.NET". In that folder, you'll find the "Effects" folder, which is where you'll need to drop the DLLs.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I don't know why you addressed this "for mods". I really have no idea why you think this question requires us mods to answer it.

Also, this belongs over in troubleshooting.

Moved

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg