How about to replace stupid Windows 3.1 styled images

Rick Brewster

• 2 weeks later...
How about to replace stupid Windows 3.1 styled images from toolbars?

Software is great but looks like ancient %%$£$...

It's not Windows 3.1, it's Windows 98/95 to clarify your point. They don't look ancient, they look 'natural', 'clear' and 'concise' as to their meaning.

I am a programmer, I can create code. That's not to say 'fkjkslgdajgsfsgaafghg' will work in the compiler.

• 2 weeks later...

Those images have been around a while. People should be familiar with them because of this. However, I would like to see a new set of standard icons created. :wink:

Visual Studio 2005 contains a set of "new style" (Office 2003 style) icons that are freely usable, and we plan to make use of those when we move in that direction (after v2.2). Things like Open, Save, and Print icons will be upgradable pretty easily because of this. However, many of our icons were created by us and will be harder to upgrade. I'm afraid we're not artists.

The reason we don't have super awesome icons right now is that it'd be an enormous undertaking to upgrade them all from "16 colors" to 256- or more colors. By my count we currently have 112 icons for v2.2.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 4 months later...