Error code 1603

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there all. I had this problem too, but I think I've got a way that might fix it. I'm by no means a computer expert, but I do know how to muscle my way around.

I am using V3.30 and a USBstorage disk for this fix.

-I saved PdN to the USB and extracted it to the USB as well.

-Go back to wherever you saved Paint.NET and open that folder

- Coppy PdNrepair.exe to your desktop. and then run the file.

-Open the Staging folder in Paint.NET on your flash drive and copy PaintDotNet_4745584.msi to your desktop.

-Double click the installer you just saved to your desktop and it should run through it's cycle.

PdN should open now, at least it did for me.

I know some of those steps were probably unnessicary, but I was going to try everything anyone had mentioned to fix it. I need my PdN!

I get so tired of people who's only answer to a problem is to referr someone to the "troubleshooting" thread, before they've even read or analyzed the problem the person is having.

I'm glad you got it working. Oh, and if you had to deal with this conversation as much as we do, you'd understand:

"Paint.NET doesn't work!!!"

"Well, did you try this sticky'd post?"

"But Paint.NET doesn't work!!!!!"

"But have you tried it?"

"Ok, I'll do it...Oh, wow! It worked! Thanks!"

:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

My problem was solved.I don't know exactly how it was solved.But I thougth that the setup can't find the file that in the Paint.Net/Staging directory.The file called "PaintDotNet"+ and some random numbers and msi is the extension of it.If you saw a warning like "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\Paint.net\Staging\PaintDotNet_806950639.msi

"

* Change the name of file like what is writing on the warning.

I hope to not struggle again a problem like this.