plugin request (smudge)

can you just make a plugin though?
"Just," he says, like it takes all of 5 minutes to make a plugin of the complexity that smudge would entail... :roll:

Anyway, plugins can only be made for FileTypes and Effects. No tools...

EDIT: ncfan51 beat me...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

oh, well can anyone make it where you like crop it or what ever and turn it into an effect?

I am completely and totally convinced that I don't have the slightest inkling what you mean... Describe in more detail, or provide a mockup, please.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Hmm... I don't know how the Smudge tool (which is more of a brush than an effect) could be made into a plugin.

Smudge is made useful mostly because it acts according to what direction you move your brush to distort the image.

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure (let's say 99.9999%) a plugin couldn't follow the actions of your mouse in such a way.

I need to type faster >_>

sorry :oops: what I mean is like, turn it into somthink like what the motion blur does where you can angle it and things like that. kind of hard to explain

sig.jpg

~97% of teens won't stand up for Anything. Put this on your sig if you're one of the 3% who've fallen down trying.

Oh, and there's 3 types of people in this world...

Um... like motion blur that follows a 'path'?

... Maybe it's possible, though I'm no coder... And I'm not sure how you'd be able to make it 'Smudge-y' and not just a curved motion blur.

(On a related sidenote, curved motion blur would be pretty cool.)

... A hex upon my desire to doublecheck posts that have nothing wrong with them before pressing Submit. >:|