Making/Setting up Greeting Cards

I'm brand new to Paint.net and new to editing in general. Before you all run and hide, I'm told this should be fairly basic for those who are knowledgable. What I want to do is set up greeting cards on an 8 1/2 x 11" piece of paper. I need to know how to set up the paper, add the photo, print on the inside and adda signature on the back. I'd like to know how to do vertical and horizontal both. If I've posted in the wrong place, please forgive me and thank you in advance for your help.

Gretchen

this doesnt souind to much like a paint.net question, more of a.... printer question. i would try double printing. kind of like when you take out a piece of paper from the printer that you printed on, flipping it over, and printing the rest. has far has i know, i dont THINK (dont qoute me i could be wrong) that paint.net has any way of realy... doing that. no programs or plugins for that.

prototypelambdasig2.png

the lambda symbol is the scientific symbol of all things decaying over a rapid period of time. Or in a different subject, the photographers term of an object moveing so fast it blurs the picture puposefully.

my deviant art/

my OLD sig tutorial

my myspace... it has more photos then DA

I may be wrong too :) That's how un-educated at this I am. But isn't there a way to set up a 8.5x11 template, add 2 pictures side by side (to make 2 cards out of the finished print) and lay-out a text area on the same side opposite. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

100 pixels=1 inch so 8 1/2in would be 850 pixels for the width and 11in would be 1100 pixels for the height

the rest is just playing with the printer and figuring out how to lay the paper in the tray to be double sided,

Paint.NET itself does not have any templates, but you could edit the photos in PDN then copy them in to a program like publisher :D

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

100 pixels=1 inch so 8 1/2in would be 850 pixels for the width and 11in would be 1100 pixels for the height

the rest is just playing with the printer and figuring out how to lay the paper in the tray to be double sided,

That depends on Pixels Per Inch (PPI), and as Paint.NET has by default 96 PPI then 1 inch would actually equal 96 pixels, not 100.

To overcome this, use Image > Canvas Size > Print Size as there you can set your dimensions in pixels, centimetres and inches while still retaining PPI. This is of course your choice and you can if you wish set your own PPI, the method just explained cuts out any possible confusion.

oh i did not relizes that pixels per inch mattered thanx :oops:

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.