Paste isn't working

Llew

Alright, this is a problem that I've had on and off ever since I started using Paint.net: The paste feature doesn't work. I copy something, either in or outside of PDN, but when I go to paste in PDN it says 'The clipboard doesn't contain an image'. It was working fine last night, but when I took my computer out of standby this morning it gave me that again.

An interesting thing is, it seems that when paste works the Tolerance bar doesn't work. It just shows whatever was last on the screen in where the bar is.

Is this just the nut behind the wheel?

Alright, this is a problem that I've had on and off ever since I started using Paint.net: The paste feature doesn't work. I copy something, either in or outside of PDN, but when I go to paste in PDN it says 'The clipboard doesn't contain an image'. It was working fine last night, but when I took my computer out of standby this morning it gave me that again.

An interesting thing is, it seems that when paste works the Tolerance bar doesn't work. It just shows whatever was last on the screen in where the bar is.

Is this just the nut behind the wheel?

see this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20591

basically, you need to select something before copying.

see this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20591

basically, you need to select something before copying.

No, that's not my problem unfortunately. I can go and copy anything (Even hitting Ctrl+A), but when I hit past, no matter if I use the shortcut, the one on the pull down tab or anything, it always says the the clipboard does not contain any images.

I had to restart my computer to get it to work, but then it stopped working after a while so I'll have to restart again if I want it to work. It's rather annoying. :|

This is not a Paint.NET issue. If there isn't something that it can understand in the clipboard, then it simply can't use it. Some other software you're using is probably doing something incorrect with regards to its clipboard handling. I've had this problem a few times over the years, restarting -- or logout/login -- always fixed it.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This is not a Paint.NET issue. If there isn't something that it can understand in the clipboard, then it simply can't use it. Some other software you're using is probably doing something incorrect with regards to its clipboard handling. I've had this problem a few times over the years, restarting -- or logout/login -- always fixed it.

Bingo. I just disabled Screen Capture Professional and it works now. Now that I think about it, it always stopped working when I turned it on.

Thanks.