Annoying bug when trying to move small area

First compliments, great job on this project.

Very often I do image manipulation in PAINT.NET and I have to move around a small area to get things just right, when the selection is small the 'move' functionality does not work, it stretches and bends. There should be a way to override the stretch/shrink function (by pressing shift or something) that forces a move.

Reproduction:

Open an image and use the select tool to select an 8x8 area (64 pixels)

Try to use the move tool to move the selection without stretching it or distorting it.

You cannot :(

-Amoor

Rubrica meant "definitely", but the point still stands. :-) I think Rick is working on this one, but so far the workaround is all we've got. Just click and drag outside of the selection. Definitely. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

IIRC, this is as designed, not a bug. Therefore, it doesn't need a 'solution'. The correct way to move a small selection is by moving your cursor away from your selection, until the hand turns back into a black arrow, and then move the selection to your heart's content.

As for it not working all the time, you can't claim to understand what is being told to you and still think that the program has a mind of its own. This is a permanent function of the s/w, it doesn't phase in and out at Rick's every whim...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster