Brushes - Effect Ideas

-This regards Photoshop-like custom brushes in an effect form.

-I am aware of other threads made regarding this topic.

One thing I am use to hearing about Paint.NET (not recently on this forum) is its lack of customizable brushes. However, this has been discussed before and I do not plan on repeating those questions/requests.

Instead, I am hoping for someone to create an effect version of creating backgrounds commonly created by this tool, possibly using my ideas. Since this cannot be added as a tool* with a plugin, I suppose it has to be an effect.

The following is an outline of my effect-idea.

Browse option to use a .PNG image to use as a "brush." I'm using the term "brush," even though it's not using the brush tool - just helps my line of thought. Make a note to the plug-in user that this image should contain transparency, otherwise it defeats the purpose of a brush. Unless of course you want to make your own file type with only grayscale and alpha values... then have a color selecter option. Idk... anyway...

Options should include (in my opinion - though feel free to change this a lot):

Grouping - how much the brushes tend to cluster together in the render.

Amount - how many brush images appear in the render (not exact amount, perhaps an amount dependant on the size of the brush image and the canvas/selection size).

Spacing - How spaced the brush images are.

Randomization - How randomly placed the brush images are, as opposed to a perfect grid of brush images (maybe? not sure if this makes sense...).

Angle Variation - How much of an angle rotation the brush images can have.

Is this a realistic request? If not, please let me know. My programming knowledge is limited (though I am learning, via school).

*Will tool-plugins be something looked into with PDN 4? I know people say this would crowd the tool window, but it can simply be placed in a drop-down menu in the tool window, therefore illiminating the clutter.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

I have been doing some experimenting, using the clone stamp tool as a ”brush”, and the source picture made in a graphic program witch do have brushes. And I can say that metode work ok.

A more sophisticated pluck in would bee welcome.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

And I can say that metode work ok.

A more sophisticated pluck in would bee welcome.

Not sure what you meant by that.^

I think Leif uses dictation software...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Not an inconvenience, except when we can't decipher the odd stuff it makes your words into :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.