Please help can't upload my logo into my website

Hi everyone

I like this forum is very helpful the last 2 days I have read a lot of tutorials and I am overwhelmed. I am new to web designing and I am struggling to design my own logo. I tried using paint.net and designed my logo when I tried to upload it into my website it says file can not upload it as it is not the right type of image file. Can anyone help please and can someone give me tutorial on how to use my own picture as a logo and write a text on it.

Thanks in advance.

If the site uses one of the XHTML flavors, then yes, you should do as Yata said. However, adding the slash is actually against the HTML 4.01 doctype, so if that's what the site is using, no slash. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to Crazy Man Dan, yata, DecemberWinds and Myrddin.

Well I have tried to create my logo using paint.net, I did since the paint file isn't a proper image file it won't upload on my website, so I took Myrddin advise and used photobucket but still it won't let me as once I click my file it disappears and it only shows the image files on my pc not paint one that created. please help How do I creat my logo. my content of my website is almost done and I need to designe the logo. thanks.

w3schools[/url]":44337]The "align", "border", "hspace", and "vspace" attributes of the image element were deprecated in HTML 4.01.

The "align", "border", "hspace", and "vspace" attributes of the image element are not supported in XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD.

to search the spec>

adding the slash is actually against the HTML 4.01 doctype,

Not sure here, but if you say it...

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Hanaa...

1. After creating your piece of work save in a common file format such as *.png, *.jpg, *gif, etc. as Paint.NET's native file format (*.pdn) is not recognised by any other program or website other that Paint.NET.

How to save in another file format can be found at another one of my tutorials:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6440

[/self advertising]