problem with update/new version

sparkly

I tried to open a picture and there was a box that said something about a new version being available and if I want to update now. I clicked ok to whatever the next questions were and it seemed that it went alright, but it didn't.Nothing had changed.

So I went to 'www.getpaint.net' and followed the instructions to download paint.netv3.10. When it was finished I went to it and clicked all the 'ok's' to install it. I think it even said 'installation successful'.

But when I open it now it says 'this is a pre release version...'

What did I do wrong?

Please someone explain to me in as many steps as posssible what I have to do.

ps. I tried 'search' to see if something about this was already posted but didn't find anything.

bottlesignew.jpg

That just means that you are using a beta version of paint.NET. Untill paint.NET 3.10 is out of beta, and you upgrade to that, it will still say that it is a pre release version.

I'm still alive!

So everything is ok? I can use it and noone will yell at me for using the wrong version when I have a question?

How do I know when I have to update/do anything?

And thank you for responding so quickly. I appreciate it. :D

bottlesignew.jpg

Yea. Its just letting you know that its in beta, so there might be a few bugs or stuff like that. You will know when you want to update it when that popup thing comes up and says a new version is avaliable, or you can visit getpaint.net, or just look at the stickies in questions and general discusion. Theres ussualy a topic about the latest version there.

I'm still alive!

To add to what Frojo said, there should be a final release version or Beta 3 available long before the beta 2 expires. It's not something to worry about; just download and install 3.10 final as soon as it comes out.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.