My Suggestions/ Feature Request for PDN

I think PDN is Good, but still need some improvements, example:

- Why the minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution, how about 800x600 ? and better if can reduce the minimum processor requirement to 300Mhz instead of 400 Mhz.

- Please support scanning on windows 2000 too.

- Add crop tool. so people will less confuse.

- Use visual studio 2005. from Now Visual Studio 2003 will NOT be available in the market.

- Please add link to download the alpha or beta source code, so others can see and improve too.

- Please add more documentations for developer, so they can learn from the code faster and better. and they will be able to take part to develop it.

- Better if also support open and save .PSD (Photoshop) file.

and other improvements (I will add later)

Thanks

I think PDN is Good, but still need some improvements, example:

- Why the minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution, how about 800x600 ?

Because the interface doesn't work very well at 800x600. We don't enforce this, you can actually run the program at any resolution you want.

and better if can reduce the minimum processor requirement to 300Mhz instead of 400 Mhz.

We already reduced it from 600mhz to 400mhz, and requiring a 400mhz processor is pretty generous. I honestly don't see what this would accomplish. And again, we don't enforce the requirement in the first place, so you can actually run it on whatever speed computer you want.

- Please support scanning on windows 2000 too.

This has been discussed in great depth before. I'm sorry, but it won't be happening.

- Add crop tool. so people will less confuse.

There won't be a crop tool -- it would add unnecessary clutter for functionality that already exists and is quite simple in the first place. However, someone else had the good idea of adding "Crop to Selection" to the toolbar, which I do plan on doing.

- Use visual studio 2005. from Now Visual Studio 2003 will NOT be available in the market.

Paint.NET v2.6 is making use of VS 2005.

- Please add link to download the alpha or beta source code, so others can see and improve too.

Sorry, we only provide source code for our final releases.

- Please add more documentations for developer, so they can learn from the code faster and better. and they will be able to take part to develop it.

Sorry, but our primary focus is on the end user. We also just don't have the time or motivation to write that kind of documentation.

- Better if also support open and save .PSD (Photoshop) file.

That would be a 3 month project all by itself. Unfortunately we don't have those kind of resources available to do this. Paint.NET v2.6 did introduce file format plugins, so somebody else could write this support if they were inclined to do so.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
wow Rick, your handing them a free program and all they do is complain, i feel for ya man.

as my mom keeps tellin me, 'it's nice to want'...

I did the same kind of thing earlier, though. Not that I was demanding things, though, as like you said it's free stuff. It's a lot better than most free stuff I see, so it's all good.

That's why you purchase Photoshop Elements 4.0 for $100, or buy the Photoshop/Premeire Elements bundle for $150. Amazing value, incredible image and video editing power, applications whose feature quantity and quality nips at the heels of their professional cousins.

...or learn how to code and offer ideas to the Paint.NET developer team....

...or wait. I'm sure they'll get what they can out.

-Pikl

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)