Frusteration over lines and move pixels

Soldier_Dude05

I have read the freaquently posted improvement feature list thingy, and could not see what I am about to tell you about.

Don't know if it has been posted before, or if anyone else cares, but I am commonly getting frusterated when I:

1. Go to create a line next to another and the mouse drags the origional line instead of creating a new one. (even if I click a few centermeters away)

2. Go to "move selected pixels" and the box ends up being too small so anywhere I click inside the box, it just resizes.

Just consider this opinion

siggyawesome.jpg

Holey bloody potato! I have a museum!!!--> S_D's Museum!! Clicky!

1. Go to create a line next to another and the mouse drags the origional line instead of creating a new one. (even if I click a few centermeters away)

Just press Ctrl+D. That will deselect the line and get you ready to draw a new one.

2. Go to "move selected pixels" and the box ends up being too small so anywhere I click inside the box, it just resizes.

Cut the selection (Ctrl+X) and paste it into a new layer (Ctrl+Shift+V). Then draw a bigger selection box around it, resize it to your liking, and merge the layers ( :MergeDown: ).

Hope this helps. I agree, it's difficult to work around, but it is sort of necessary so you don't have to have the pointer in a single-pixel-wide area in order to resize.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

The second issue I can understand... but I can't seem to recreate the first issue? I can draw lines close to each other just fine, the only issue is when the next line I want to draw starts on one of the nubs/handles of the previous line, in which case I just press Enter first to finish the current line.

Soldier_Dude05, just press ENTER to finalize the first line before starting to draw the second line.

Also, #2 is a well-known bug. You don't need to be inside of a selection in order to move it. Just move your mouse outside of the selection until you see the normal move pixels mouse pointer, then you can click and drag your selection.