Suggestion- Advanced Gaussian Blur

I've always had problems when Gaussian blurring images with alpha values. My suggestion is to add two sliders that will allow you to choose how much you want to affect the Alpha and RGB values.

Examples:

As a new way of feathering (sorry, BB), you can turn off RGB blurring and just blur alpha values at half tolerance/power/[other term here].

You want to blur something with an all-you-can-eat buffet of alpha values, but don't want to destroy them. Turn the alpha off and keep the RGB values at full force.

But if this isn't going to be done, I would at least like to see the Gaussian blur with a lower effect on Alpha values.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I've always had problems when Gaussian blurring images with alpha values. My suggestion is to add two sliders that will allow you to choose how much you want to affect the Alpha and RGB values.

Examples:

As a new way of feathering (sorry, BB), you can turn off RGB blurring and just blur alpha values at half tolerance/power/[other term here].

You want to blur something with an all-you-can-eat buffet of alpha values, but don't want to destroy them. Turn the alpha off and keep the RGB values at full force.

But if this isn't going to be done, I would at least like to see the Gaussian blur with a lower effect on Alpha values.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I was actually going to make a thread titled "Suggestion- Alpha Blur", but I thought combining it with RGB would be better :D

EDIT: I just did a test. I made an all white image with an alpha value of 25. When I Gaussian blurred it at 200 pixels (the max), I ended up with a white image with an alpha value of 2. A bug, no?

I was actually going to make a thread titled "Suggestion- Alpha Blur", but I thought combining it with RGB would be better :D

EDIT: I just did a test. I made an all white image with an alpha value of 25. When I Gaussian blurred it at 200 pixels (the max), I ended up with a white image with an alpha value of 2. A bug, no?