PNG and internet explorer

Hi,

I have a problem when i open a png created with paint.net in IE.

I create a image filled with the color #C8BBBB, and save it in png. When i open it in firefox or gimp, no problem, it's well rendered, with true colors.

But when i open it in IE (6 or 7), the color change a little bit (render to #C2B4B4).

If i open this image with gimp and save it again, then IE shows me true colors. If i reopen it with paint and resave, the problem is back.

any idea?

PS : sorry for my poor english, it's not my mother tongue

Yeah, IE6 and earlier don't work with PNG transparency. If you're running a computer that can use the newest version of PDN, then your computer can also get IE7. Though I'm loathe to recommend IE of any flavor, if you must use IE, and you have admin rights to your machine, I'd suggest upgrading to version 7.

Edit:

Meh, one of these days, I'm going to learn to read the entire post before answering...

Anyway, IE7 still renders PDN-generated PNGs darker than their actual color. PNGs made with some other programs don't seem to have this problem. Rick would have to elaborate as to why.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yeah, IE6 and earlier don't work with PNG transparency. If you're running a computer that can use the newest version of PDN, then your computer can also get IE7. Though I'm loathe to recommend IE of any flavor, if you must use IE, and you have admin rights to your machine, I'd suggest upgrading to version 7.

Edit:

Meh, one of these days, I'm going to learn to read the entire post before answering...

Anyway, IE7 still renders PDN-generated PNGs darker than their actual color. PNGs made with some other programs don't seem to have this problem. Rick would have to elaborate as to why.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Belive it or not it can also be the screen your using as well as I found out. I made a website once and the color of the back ground image was darker then the HTML background color on my CRT. Looked at it on my LCD and the background color of the image was the same as the HTML background color.

It just one of them things I guess. But still if your going to be using IE then keep up to date. I myself use IE and Firefox at times.

Belive it or not it can also be the screen your using as well as I found out. I made a website once and the color of the back ground image was darker then the HTML background color on my CRT. Looked at it on my LCD and the background color of the image was the same as the HTML background color.

It just one of them things I guess. But still if your going to be using IE then keep up to date. I myself use IE and Firefox at times.