Is someone here using Paint.net for make skins for 3D models

Or perhaps you're talking about making material maps to place on the 3D object in the rendering program?

If so, does your program of choice have some form of UVW Unwrap feature? That'd be the easiest way...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Alright then, 3DS Max is where I first saw the UVW Unwrap tool. I'm not sure if you've ever used it, but what it does is takes the current verticies of your model and stretches them out on a 2D plane. You can then export this 2D plane as a bitmap image, open it with a bitmap editor, and paint your texture onto the image. Then save it and add a bitmap material in 3DS Max, selecting the painted texture as the image for the map.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Alright then, 3DS Max is where I first saw the UVW Unwrap tool. I'm not sure if you've ever used it, but what it does is takes the current verticies of your model and stretches them out on a 2D plane. You can then export this 2D plane as a bitmap image, open it with a bitmap editor, and paint your texture onto the image. Then save it and add a bitmap material in 3DS Max, selecting the painted texture as the image for the map.

Yes moderator you are right. I was playing a bit with Paint.net and is good. I am not using for texturing 3D model Unfold unwrap and not export BMP , but divide picture, add effects and use this as texture.