Suggestion: Moving all line nodes at once

Sometimes I draw a straight line and I want to move the endpoints of that line. As it stands, my options are to move each of the current nodes and have a slightly sloppy looking line or to start all over again. I'd like to see something like a shift-drag to move the endpoint and have all the nodes stretch to follow for a straight line/rotated squiggle.

The type of functionality is available in the Gradient tool. When you draw a gradient, before you finalize, grab (with the left button) one of the nubs, while holding down the left button click and hold the right button and drag both nubs at the same time.

I think it would be nice to be able to move a line the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
The type of functionality is available in the Gradient tool. When you draw a gradient, before you finalize, grab (with the left button) one of the nubs, while holding down the left button click and hold the right button and drag both nubs at the same time.

No, I mean like rotating the line like the hand of a clock, like when you first draw the line.

I'd say the need depends on what you're doing...Paint.Net is an image manipulation tool, so applying effects to images is its reason for being. If you're drawing lots of lines (enough that this is something that's driving you nuts), you might be better off using an illustration/drawing application.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever given any thought to a Draw.NET application? A vector drawing app to go along with this excellent raster app?

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

I'd say the need depends on what you're doing...Paint.Net is an image manipulation tool, so applying effects to images is its reason for being. If you're drawing lots of lines (enough that this is something that's driving you nuts), you might be better off using an illustration/drawing application.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever given any thought to a Draw.NET application? A vector drawing app to go along with this excellent raster app?

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

No, I mean like rotating the line like the hand of a clock, like when you first draw the line.

CW's solution is really the best way...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

CW's solution is really the best way...

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+