Smart Zoom with Pan

1) It would be great if when you ctrl+mouse scroll to zoom, it actually zooms into the location of the mouse pointer.

At the moment it seems to always goes to the center of the window, so you have to zoom and then scroll to where you want.

2) I would also like to see a ctrl+middle mouse button option to 'hand grab' the image and then be able to drag the position, like google maps. I find this is easier and more accurate than using the scrollbars directly.

3) Im not sure if this is a bug or just the way focus is handled, but if you click on the little floating toolbar just by its title to move it out the way, it stops the zoom from working until you click on the image again, where as it still works if you click on an actual tool item.

4) Off topic, but please could you add a toggle to turn off the shadow effect around images, while it looks cool, when editing a dark edged images it gets confusing as to where the image ends and the shadow begins.

1) It would be great if when you ctrl+mouse scroll to zoom, it actually zooms into the location of the mouse pointer.

At the moment it seems to always goes to the center of the window, so you have to zoom and then scroll to where you want.

I'd have to agree with that. We'll have to see what Rick thinks.

2) I would also like to see a ctrl+middle mouse button option to 'hand grab' the image and then be able to drag the position, like google maps. I find this is easier and more accurate than using the scrollbars directly.

Actually, this program functions much like PhotoShop in that regard. No matter what tool you're currently using, you can press the space bar to switch to the pan tool for as long as you hold the space bar. Just press space, click, and drag.

4) Off topic, but please could you add a toggle to turn off the shadow effect around images, while it looks cool, when editing a dark edged images it gets confusing as to where the image ends and the shadow begins.

I know somebody brought this up a while ago, and Rick seemed to agree, but I'm not sure if they're planning on doing it for the final v2.5 release.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Have you tried using the Zoom tool?

The middle mouse click on the zoom tool and the space bar is exactly what I would like to see happen when you ctrl+middle mouse on any tool.

The reason is for work flow and when your painting you should still be able to move quickly around the canvas without stopping what your doing.

The zoom tool breaks this because your deselecting your current tool just to move, and I can only see it being useful for people without a scrollwheel.

The spacebar might logical for photoshoppers, but I find it strange, and naturally want to use a mouse button to grab. Im sure both spacebar and middle mouse could happily co-exist.