Fonts Problem

Hi, I am not new to Paint.NET, but I am new to this forum. I have a problem with the fonts. After installing a faster connection I downloaded fonts to use in PDN. But for some reason when I'm selecting the fonts in the drop down screen it freezes at a point And there is no choice but to close PDN. I use v3.0, and this problem hasn't come in 2.72. Could anyone help me?

Maybe you've too many fonts or some are really complicated, and your system really hang up trying to show all of them.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Well I have 281 Fonts in my fonts folder, 15 are Font, and the rest are TrueType, I think about 5-8 have symbols and logos, and I have some fonts which have splats and blodges. Are those the things that are causing the problem? Or is there a limit to the amount of fonts you could have in PDN?

^ I thought of this but in this case AFAIK PdN crashes (with a crashlog).

200+ fonts seems HUGE for me. It depends on your hardware.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Well my computer specs are pretty old, bought it 7 years ago and just upgraded the RAM and HD, so maybe thats why.

Also, it always freezes on a specific font, called Famous Logos, once even if a teenie bit shows up in the dropdown menu it stops working.

I have 764 fonts on my machine, so 281 isn't too unreasonable. :wink:

I know I did have one font that crashed a few programs, called Final Lap. Itwas so complex that it even crashed Windows Font Previewer! I removed that one, and haven't had any other font-related problems.

There are times that the system hangs for a few seconds when one of the more complex fonts is in list. Usually it's one of Gyom Séguin's fonts. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I have 764 fonts on my machine, so 281 isn't too unreasonable.

I guess it's not on a 700 Mhz computer.

Usually it's one of Gyom Séguin's fonts.

Those damn French.