Two (and a half) ideas for Paint.NET

Working through Paint.NET on a drawing, I thought of a few features that I would find useful, and figured I should mention them...

"Variable" lines: Basically an alteration or enhancement to the line tool that would allow it to shrink or grow from one size to another (allowing more of a 'brush stroke' like line). Not sure about feasibility or complexity though.

A soft brush: Some times I was wishing for a brush that wasn't a solid color, but faded from intense inside to transparent on the edge. I might be missing something, but I couldn't find a soft brush in Paint.NET...

(and a half)

More Gradient Options: The gradient tool is nice, but I found myself struggling with it often enough, the circle gradient being too sharp a curve to be useful. Not sure if this could be fixed by zooming way out and making a giant (cropped) circular gradient, but a 'circle size' option might be nice.

If any of these features are already plugins or just hidden somewhere, it would be helpful if someone could point me to where I could find them.

Working through Paint.NET on a drawing, I thought of a few features that I would find useful, and figured I should mention them...

"Variable" lines: Basically an alteration or enhancement to the line tool that would allow it to shrink or grow from one size to another (allowing more of a 'brush stroke' like line). Not sure about feasibility or complexity though.

A soft brush: Some times I was wishing for a brush that wasn't a solid color, but faded from intense inside to transparent on the edge. I might be missing something, but I couldn't find a soft brush in Paint.NET...

(and a half)

More Gradient Options: The gradient tool is nice, but I found myself struggling with it often enough, the circle gradient being too sharp a curve to be useful. Not sure if this could be fixed by zooming way out and making a giant (cropped) circular gradient, but a 'circle size' option might be nice.

If any of these features are already plugins or just hidden somewhere, it would be helpful if someone could point me to where I could find them.

this stuff will be here... specially the brushes, in v8.2b

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

In fact, it will be in v8.2a :D

What did you mean here? Make it bigger? (fatter?)

-> Increase the brush width.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I think what he means, is a brush that starts at, say 10 pixels with, and end at say 3. Like a sort of arrow.

A quite good idea. But, i guess, a part of the ongoing which for brushes in paint.NET. So, wait and see. But don’t hold your breath.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

You might want to play with the Gradient plugin:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=2294

It allows for HSV and HSV Long fade types which create more vibrant fades.

Plus, the source code is there so you can modify it for your own purposes!

(Just be sure you publish your changes so we can all learn from them.)