what about cut and paste from Windows applications

I could not do the following:

I have embedded pictures in Office documents (Word for instance). If I copy them and then try to paste the result in paint.net I get an error message: clipboard empty. Doing the same with the standard Paint program is working but with an ugly result (pixels lost, text not really readable anymore, not what I had on my screen when I did the copy). I found a kind of workaround by using ctrl-print. In that case I get a copy of the full screen in paint.NET, I crop and I get a reasonable bitmap of my picture... the rest is working as usual.

Is this behavior normal ? any suggestion on how to easily transfer picture information from a Word document to Paint.NET ?

Thanks for any suggestion

Guy

Or - if you have PowerPoint - copy the image you want to a blank slide and copy from there to PDN, that works however be warned that the image you copy from PowerPoint to PDN will be the size of the original file, for instance:

image (y) is 100x100 pixels and you shrink it on Word to 50x50 (ish) pixels, when you copy it from PowerPoint to PDN it will paste as the original 100x100 and not the shrunk 50x50. Hope that made sense.

I see this a lot, PowerPoint can do more practical things that Word cannot, strange but yet very annoying most of the time.

Seems really obvious at first sight but can be very powerful if you customize the ribbon thing.

On topic: does it works with your Word 2003?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I am using Word (Office) 2003 and this is my employer's policy - don't have a choice. They only move on to a new software or operating system when it is considered reasonably stable (and compatible with existing applications) - so I'll have to wait a bit before moving to a more recent version.

Guy