Question - Making Selection Box stay after paste

Hi Madiik - welcome :D

There isn't a setting for this. The entire pasted image is selected by default. That's so the pasted image can be manipulated/moved/re-sized immediately after the paste operation.

Think about this: If you're pasting with a selection active, the pasted image must go into the selection and be clipped to the selection bounds. It can't extend outside of an active selection.

Please tell us more about what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like you might have better luck pasting first, then making the selection. Would this work for you?

I see what you mean, but when I paste frames for a .gif it kind of gets irritating having to re-select the whole boundary of an image, because the CTRL+V (paste) re-selects all the boundaries.

I do not use online .gif makers, but the .agif and .apng plugin, because I can rely that it has no any sort of threats against my PC.

Hi Madiik - welcome :D

There isn't a setting for this. The entire pasted image is selected by default. That's so the pasted image can be manipulated/moved/re-sized immediately after the paste operation.

Think about this: If you're pasting with a selection active, the pasted image must go into the selection and be clipped to the selection bounds. It can't extend outside of an active selection.

Please tell us more about what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like you might have better luck pasting first, then making the selection. Would this work for you

Ah, could there be some sort of a setting then to allow this? When I make the .gif I have to crop the images because I use the PRINT SCREEN button. Somewhat more reliable? But if not, any plugin/program to help me do so?

Edited by madiik

I think this might work for you:

Paste all your frames to separate layers then crop them all on one go by making a selection and pressing Ctrl + Shift + X.

Glad I could help you out.