Melting Plugin

I am looking for a plugin to put a melting effect on an object like the famous melting clock from the Pink Floyd album covers. Or to melt a font like the Bloodlust font from 1001fonts.com .  The closest I have found to do this is the Grid Warp plugin but it has it's limits. Anybody up to the challenge if there isn't one I don't know about?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

What about liquify?

Melting is a rather difficult effect due to how it looks completely different under different situations. There are so many factors that go into an object's appearance when melting...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Here is a copy of what I was making. I used the Grid Warp plugin mostly with some touch up using the Liquify plugin. Not bad for the first try,lol,but I need to do some practicing.  I guess I don't need a new plugin to do it for now.   ;)

th_crazydiamond-20-b_zps8e039e42.png

My Brother-in-Law's band.   :)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

The default mode of Liquify is the "Push" mode. It also has the "Bloat"  mode with the 4 outward arrow icon at the left side panel that will literally bloat the area you click. That and Push will produce decent results for melted objects.

That's an interesting album cover. I see you are trying to emulate that Salvador Dali-style surrealism of melting clocks.

One suggestion, maybe you could  blur the lines of  those bricks and make them a little dirtier so their color would match better with those melted clocks and their shadows.