Paint.NET SDK?

Is there any way to externally use the Effects of Paint.NET on images outside of Paint.NET?  I currently have a .NET project for a machine vision application where I want to pre-process some 8-bit greyscale images.  The vision tools I have available to me don't do some of the effects that Paint.NET does and I believe these would help me greatly!!  I have tested this by taking an input image capture and opened it in Paint.NET and appied some of the effects, such as Edge Detect, Glow, & Median.  I would like to be able to apply the effects in my application (C# or VB.NET).

If this isn't possible, does anyone know of a imaging library that would offer these same features?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Data

Edited by DataCrypt

Ok, thank you for the quick replies.  I'll keep looking for an open source (as in free) library.  If you know of a good one that will do these effects, please let me know.  I need to be able to "clean" an image and remove a lot of noise, etc. and then enhance the image and fix characters.  I'm reading about GdPicture now, but it's not free.

Thanks again,

Data