How can I change the color yet retain the transparency?

Often I want to edit images, e.g. change color, that once had some transparency (like "transparent", see attached) but, by the time I get them, have been saved on a white background.  I can save the white as transparent so that I end up with an image like "white_border" (see attached).  But when I fill this image with color the off white pixels are filled with the full color and so appear pixelated (see "pixelated").

How can I change the color yet retain the transparency?

post-135597-0-62861100-1395437122.png

post-135597-0-12333900-1395437140.png

post-135597-0-99699500-1395437150.png

Go to the Adjustments menu at the top and find Hue/Saturation.

Adjust the hue as you please

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hello. :)

When I re-color things I usually go up to the menu bar, then adjustments, and use the following....
Hue/Saturation (as pdnnoob suggested)
Levels
and Curves

There are also lots of plugins that can be used to help change the color of an image. You can explore the plugin index for some of them, just look under "C" for "colors".
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

For another easy way to re-color, try re-coloring with layer blend modes (found in layer properties).
1) Open your image.
2) Add a new layer.
3) Choose paint brush tool and a colorful color.
5) Set your new layer's blend mode to either multiply or overlay, and color your picture. (Note : feel free to play with other blend modes to see if you like another mode more.)

However, if you want ideas on how to remove a white background and make it transparent, or cut-out an image, I can share different ideas with you.

Also, if retaining transparency is an issue, then maybe you might want to look into different image formats and extensions, such as PNG.

Hello. :)

When I re-color things I usually go up to the menu bar, then adjustments, and use the following....

Hue/Saturation (as pdnnoob suggested)

Levels

and Curves

There are also lots of plugins that can be used to help change the color of an image. You can explore the plugin index for some of them, just look under "C" for "colors".

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15260-plugin-index/

For another easy way to re-color, try re-coloring with layer blend modes (found in layer properties).

1) Open your image.

2) Add a new layer.

3) Choose paint brush tool and a colorful color.

5) Set your new layer's blend mode to either multiply or overlay, and color your picture. (Note : feel free to play with other blend modes to see if you like another mode more.)

However, if you want ideas on how to remove a white background and make it transparent, or cut-out an image, I can share different ideas with you.

Also, if retaining transparency is an issue, then maybe you might want to look into different image formats and extensions, such as PNG.

thank you so much, i was trying to make individual colours, now i know how ...much appreciated ;)