Change color based on a gradient?

Not 100% certain if this is the correct section, I apologize if isn't.

So I decided to figure out how to create a random noise map type thing in paint.net. I somewhat used a tutorial, but basically I posterized cloud rendering. 

However, Now I want to change the color based on a gradient through the middle. (horizontal.)

I can figure out how to set up a gradient and change its properties in a different layer. 

Thanks for your time. Also I have troubles getting plugins to work for some reason. Tried one for tiling but it brought up a stupid downloader that didn't show me the text.

EDIT: Color=Hue.

Edited by theHeretic

The Recolor Tool :RecoloringTool: is generally your first option when recoloring.  

The Tolerance setting in the Tool Bar affects how aggressive or passive it is.  It respects shading too as explained in this thread: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27224-change-a-color-of-one-item-in-a-photo/?hl=recolor#entry398511

Also I have troubles getting plugins to work for some reason. 

What sort of troubles? Can you be more specific?

Tried one for tiling but it brought up a stupid downloader that didn't show me the text.

Which plugin was it - and where did you download it from?

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12831-tile-fill-addin/

Just tried the one their.

Recolor is just a brush for shifting the color of any color that is under the tolerance. It would work if I could get it to follow a gradient, but i'm not precise enough or patient enough to do it manually. (change rgb value by a small number, drag straight line, repeat.)

I figured out something else that will work better for my specific situation. However I can't figure out how to recolor a specific color (red in this case) only and ignore other colors.

I'll try selecting it only, and if that doesn't work i'll just fill and replace it with white and the other colors with green because they are separated and do somethign like that.

1. Activate the Color Picker tool :ColorPickerTool:

2. Right click on the color you wish to replace in your image (i.e. red).

3. Set the Primary color to the new color.

4. Activate the Recolor Tool :RecoloringTool: . Increase the brush size to something significant.

5. Brush over the image with the left mouse button.

If the new color overlaps other colors - undo then repeat step 5. with a lower Tolerance.

• Upvote 1