I have a question about a plug-in I think might be..nonexistent?

I was looking at Oma's sword tutorial (This one) and I saw a plug-in that was used in.. about the 8th picture. Conditional Hue/Saturation. After finding it in the plug-in index, I looked into it a bit more, and absolutely fell in love with what it does. I originally thought it just made the selected object a rainbow colored.

But, for some reason, no matter where I find the download for this plug-in, it doesn't want to work on my computer. So, now it has me wondering, does this plug-in even exist at all anymore?

I'm thinking the problem is that this plug-in is about 7 years old, and I have the newest version of Paint.NET.

Thank you.

It still exists and works.  Trust me :)

When you say "doesn't want to work on my computer" how does it not work?  Are you looking for it in the Adjustments menu?

Normally, when I download the dll, a few files pop up, some of it, for an example, is like a license to the plug-in, or coding I assume that has to go along with it. The actual plug-in that I paste into the effects folder has this little icon next to it. It's a piece of paper with little blue gears. Whenever I try to download this specific one, I can't find a name that has that icon.

It's terribly confusing, because there are about 10 of these 'extra files' that came along with this plug-in, and none of them have the 'dll' file type. Would it possibly be under another file type that I'm just not looking for?

Go to this page:  http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=885

At the foot of the first post there is a download link for the *.dll.  Click that and the *.dll should download.

Nope. doesn't work. Funny, that was the first link I tried. I actually can't even download from that link. A window pops up when I try to open it that says " This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel. "

No idea what that could mean. It always says that when I click on that link at try to open it, even the first time, so I don't know what program they're talking about.

I appreciate you taking all this time to help me figure this out :)

That's happening because Windows does not know what to do with the *.dll file.  It should allow you to save it, do you get an option to Save the file like this?

yhsjjie-130.png

Don't open it.  Just copy or move it to your Paint.NET/Effects folder and restart Paint.NET

Glad we got it sorted.  This probably doesn't belong in the Troubleshooting thread so I'll move it.

<Moved to Paint.NET Discussion & Questions>