PDN cache- or temporary folder?

Blackm1nd

Hi Forum,

i like the software and this forum and i've got many helpful hints from here so far. Thank you very much.

Now i got an unusual question: I opened 10-15 picture files and unfortunately my machine crashed and died within the work. I had no chance to save the work.

I will fix the machine and i need the picture files then. I am hoping, that PDN stores the actual files somewhere on the disc so that it's maybe possible to restore them.

Is my assumption correct and when yes, where is the folder located?

Many thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english).

Yes, i think most of us did :-)

Luckily i consider myself as an experienced user (i'm coding too), so i guessed, that there is a small chance that some data is stored in temporary folders (many programs are working this way).

In the meantime i found this topic: that made me not to give up my hoping :D

At the moment, i'm fixing the machine (mainboard issues) and after that i will start it, NOT open PDN and do my best to find the files and try to restore them.

I'll report when it's done successfully or not.

As a matter of interest Rick. What data is stored in the PDN temp files?

You're not going to be able to recover any data from those temporary files that Paint.NET uses to store history data.

:)

Mostly bitmap diffs, e.g. which pixels were changed and what were their old values. Or it could be polygons for selection data. Or other various things that encode the previous state of what was changed.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yes, and if i had read the link i posted carefully, i had seen, that there is only history data :)

Anyway, the machine is fixed and now i redo my work. Fortunately the work always gets better when one starts again from the beginning ;-)

Thank you for your Help and please apologize that i posted in the wrong subforum.