Load, save error?

I've looked through the pinned topics and can't find an answer to this. The only thing that I can correlate it to is a recent registry cleaning.

When I create a new file and try to save it as a PDN, I receive the error:

"There was an unspecified error while saving the file. [OK]"

When I create a new file and save it as as JPEG, I receive the error:

"There was an unhandled error, and Paint.NET must be closed. Refer to the file 'pdncrash.log' which has been placed on your desktop, for more information."

I have attached the file that it created, because I have no idea how to read it.

Finally, if I attempt to open an existing PDN that I've been reading for months, Paint.NET loads the file then immediately closes, with the same error message as with the JPEG attempt.

So, this has been my best shot at a repair - all failures, obviously. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with a completely new downloaded copy. Didn't help. Used the included repair file within c:\program files\paint.net, and unfortunately it didn't help. New installations of Paint.NET put a shortcut on the Desktop, but oddly enough the shortcut has no icon associated with it. I don't know what that means, but it's weird. I've done this two or three times out of desperation... no luck.

If there are no suggestions, my only real alternate attempt that I can even see would be to try a good old Windows System Restore and I hate doing that. Thanks for any help.

Tried reinstalling/repairing the .NET framework?