Outline on Pasted Images

When I use the Lasso Select tool to Cut a selected image (in this case, a person from a photo), then paste them onto another photo, the pasted image is surrounded by an outline, so that it is not "seamless." How can I paste it so that it blends with the background, and does not have this outline, or border? I tried pasting into new layer, and pasting just straight into the destination photo. The objective is: Two family group photos of the same size, nearly identical in every way - need to cut person from one photo, paste into second photo that was taken seconds later, so that ALL the family is included in the photo.

Thanks!

--Mishell

Paste onto a new layer, then use the AA's Assistant plugin to smooth the edges out.

EDIT: also, remember to press ctrl+d to deselect before using the plugin.

EDIT2: actually, the selection might be the outline you are talking about. Press ctrl+d to check before you download the plugin

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

It wasn't that the object was selected, I did have the sense to check that first =^)

Using the AA's Assistant Plugin worked perfectly - problem solved! Thanks so much for your help, I was making myself crazy yesterday, trying to figure out how to make that outline go away...

--Mishell