Editing a Smile in a picture file

I had this problem recently.

I haven't find any easy distort effect for that.

The way I solved it is :

I divided the mouth in five parts (roughly).

The part in the middle is fix.

I Selected with the lasso tool and copied/pasted the two left parts in a new layer.

I Selected with the lasso tool and I copied/pasted the two right parts in a new layer.

Ctrl+A on each layer and with the move tool I rotate/move the part of the smile with Right/Left Click and drag.

Last I used the feature plugin before flattening...

It is a patience work!

Ok so few pictures... (Sorry it is a sad B/W picture I wanted to get better adding a smile. I can't show the whole face.)

smile1.png

I have selected the 2/5 most left parts of the smile. Copy/paste in a new layer.

smile2.png

I have selected the 2/5 most right parts of the smile. Copy/paste in a new layer.

smile3.png

I have turned the right parts of the smile. Then I'm turning the left parts.

smile4.png

Feature each layer. Done ! (not really in this sample... need more blur on the edge. I did it quickly for the screen shot)

For fun you could also enlarge the parts by dragging the selection circles. But it depends you image. It could give bad result...

smile5.png

Also you could try to copy the mouth in a new image and use the bulge or sphere effect...