PS Sword Tutorial

my bad...I forgot to mention that it was a plugin. you will need the alpha mask plugin to do this.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

my bad...I forgot to mention that it was a plugin. you will need the alpha mask plugin to do this.

I'm stuck on 7c. And will you please make it more clear?

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee421/Kayreeed/Untitled.png

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Replaced overlarge image with link (Rule #29).

Make sure you added the new layer before you use the gradient tool. Other than that, you appear to be right on track. Just open up the layer properties and pick a layer blend mode that looks right. After that, use the alpha mask plugin to remove the extraneous portions.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Make sure you added the new layer before you use the gradient tool. Other than that, you appear to be right on track. Just open up the layer properties and pick a layer blend mode that looks right. After that, use the alpha mask plugin to remove the extraneous portions.

So...what did you do at step 7c? How did you cut the shape?

scroll down to the part on how to use alpha masks

no color saturation. play with the intensity. My guess would be around 40-80%. Try stuff. Play with settings. The less you adhere to tutorials, the more personalized it will be. I left open ends on a lot of things in my quick run-through of the tutorial specifically to try to get you to be creative with what you do. If you make everything exactly the same way as is written in a tutorial, you might as well just copy and paste the result image instead of doing it yourself.

• Upvote 1