Adding Reflection?

Hey there Paint.net-ers! I'm new to not only to the forums but to Paint.net itself. I've been creating some really neat things! However I've hit a road block. I've been searching forums all night, and it's possible I'm just not searching for the right thing, but I can't find anything on how to create a reflection! I have this amazing looking horizon with a planet in the background clouds all around, but I want to take it a step up and create a lake on the bottom part of the picture and reflect the trees/sky into the water.

Suggestions? Or plug-ins? I searched the plug-in index, and the only thing I could find no longer exists (ugh). I know this is probably a super noob question, but... I'm a super noob! :D

Thanks in advance!

BlueSwirlsresizedforsig.jpg

There is a plugin called "water reflection" that you could use. If that doesn't work for you, select what you want reflected and copy and paste it to a new layer. On the new layer, flip it vertically and move it down to match up the reflection, then lower the opacity of the layer.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Awesome! Thanks to both of you! Now that I see it written out it's like a "face palm" moment. I blame lack of sleep and caffeine OD.. >.> :D Hehe, thanks for answering and not making fun of me! I'll play around with it after a nap and show you what I came up with!

<3

BlueSwirlsresizedforsig.jpg