Any other Livery Painters?

mcairlines

Hey all,

I'm new here, so please don't kill me if I do something wrong :roll: First post in fact...

Anyways, I was wondering if there are any other LP's out there...I already know about AirbusA340, we're good friends on another forum (or at least I think...)

I've been painting for a while now, and I started using Paint.NET for them as soon as I realised MS Paint was rubbish (so instantly)

Here are a few examples of my work (resized, I got that bit right hopefully):

QkK3u.png

9UfDf.png

b6zkV.png

What do you think? Anything I can improve (yeah, I have feathered the edges but only slightly)

And please post your own examples if you do get around making some :) I'll be happy to make custom liveries if you shoot me a PM.

Oh, and watcha think of my sig? Not bad for a newbie?

Thanks!

MC

PjlsJ.png

Thats MC to you.

I really don't know if anyone here besides Airbus specializes in painting planes from a limited number of angles. Both of you do wonderful jobs with that, however, so keep it up!

A couple of things to note:

1. In the first two, there is so mess that should be cleaned up around the back of the wings. Easiest way is to use the line tool on a new layer to outline the wing so you can use the magic wand to select it. (I'll try explaining in more detail if that was confusing)

2. Second, rather than feathering, try using the basic anti-alias plugin (look it up in the plugin index), along with AA's assistant (in dpy's plugin pack)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks for the tips pdnnoob. As for the first one about the mess - yeah, I'm aware of that, but because the liveries I showed are 'express' ones - ones I make for requests which are made quicker, then I sometimes leave the mess there (the people I paint aren't all graphics experts so its all good) :P I'll certainly do so if I had more time.

PjlsJ.png

Thats MC to you.