[REQ] A world with an orbit gif

Hello guys, my skills at this stuff is deplorable at best :(

I have been using this forum without registering for many months.

Can I make requests? apologies in advance if its not permitted.

OK.. here goes.

I'm trying without success to make a banner for a website, the banner dimensions are 735 x 68 pixels.

The base colour would be light blue.. and the theme would be an earth with an orbit line, the title is ORB, and the word ORB written on the left would be awesome.

...step back a little, the reason I decided to write this request is i've tried without success to make an orb.gif with an orbit which is actually in motion around the orb, a simple orbit line with a inner circle spinning around it, i really hope I have explained it well?

To summarize, could anyone with any talent please make me an image of the word "orb" inside an orb with an orbit line with a small circle spinning around it, or use artistic licence??

If there is a tutorial for this kinda request already made, please link me to it, I have read so many tuts on this my eyes are blurred.

I'd be happy providing more info if needed.

Regards for reading.

...:::ORB:::...

Hmmm...this looks like something I've wished to try for a while but never got to...

I'm not too sure about your skill level, but here's a few tips.

For one, how would you like the "orb" look? There are several orb tutorials out there you may wish to check on.

The link welsh provided is an excellent tutorial on how to make an animation.

Rather than following the animation tutorial to make the orbiting object, create your orb, then draw the line circling it and make the circle follow it around the orb.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Firstly thank you for responding...

After a little thought and reading even more tutorials, i have downloaded and added a few multipacks of plugins etc, and will have a go at this project soon..

I'm gonna take a stock pic of the earth, and will try to have the word "orb" orbiting the world, thanks for the inspiration. (would anyone try this to see if it can be done, and give pointers? as to if the text can be "hidden" on the dark side of the world?) I'm asking way to much I know.. but the word nOOb as never had a better fitting on this 40 year old! lol.

Regards

...:::orb:::...

It is actually quite easy. Set up all the frames in the animation like in the animation tutorial, then erase the parts that should be behind the planet.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

the word "orb"? if you set it on an otherwise transparent layer, and used render/3d , you would just have to play with the angles to get what you want... ill have a go and see what you think

this was done with render/3d/ cylinder.. and using the rotation settings and a bit of erasing-- fast job, could be done much smoother with time and effort--- used Unfreeze , but could easily be done with the animated giff plugin for pdn

th_22245.gif

once i got the basic down,with the "orb" in front the first time i flattened then saved as a giff-- then undid wthe flatten and the render/3d then redid the render/3d with a rotation of 20 degrees.. repeated this over and over for the rotation, will the word is behind the planet-7 frame- i simply used the same giff without the word-- tedious but close to what you want yes?

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

hey Mountnman, Thats fab!

I have tried the original tutorial linked in this thread, but when trying to save as .apng I get an unspecified error?

but the img you have produced has really inspired me.. and yes, its really close to my desired finished project.

Thanks so much for the patience and help guys.

thats the reason i stick with Unfreeze. no big hassle resaving as .agif, or .apng- just save each frame as a .gif- then go to the folder where you have them stored, open unfreeze and drag and drop-- unfreeze is a free program btw

oh and you have to have the animation plugin installed to do the whole .apng thing

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/13454-animated-image-24-agif-apng/

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

• 3 weeks later...